Mission education for all American Legion Auxiliary members.
Learning is something that never ends. No matter our age, there is always something new we can learn or teach others. As an organizaiton, it is important for American Legion Auxiliary members to share knowledge with each other to help continue the ALA’s longstanding mission of serving veterans, military, and their families.
Auxiliary members of all ages and levels in the organizaiton can learn new skills and ways to serve through ALA Academy and ALA Academy Live – all of which are free. In addition to the self-paced courses on ALA Academy, you can now access recordings from previous ALA Academy Live webinars at www.ALAforVeterans.org/ALA-Academy. You will need to log in to access the recordings.
Additionally, members can be notimated for the Member of the Year award. It is for a unit member who is chosen for their accomplishments in their own unit during the current year. They will be recognized at the American Legion Auxiliary Convention.
- Open to senior members who are not in an elected or appointed leadership role higher than unit president.
- They will give unselfishly of their time and talents with little or no recognition.
- Each department may submit only one entry. Units must submit a narrative of 1,000 words or less describing the nominee’s accomplishments and activities together with the nominee’s name and address. Entry forms can be obtained on the Department website.
- Department Code – Leadership
- Leadership National Program Action Plan
- List of Certified Instructors (as of 3/24/2020)
- Instructor Application
- Instructor Recertification Form
- Leadership sign-in sheet
- Leadership Workshops
- ALA Academy
- National Leadership Committee
- Unit Member of the Year
- Mid-Year Report Forms
- Year-End Report Forms